free craft forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server status

+5
Kemonomimi
Lilyia
Worx25
SirDoppy
drhawks685
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Server status Empty Server status

Post by drhawks685 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Alright everyone, the new server is now up and running at 184.95.41.200:25565 excuse the port,but since im hosting this without any donators/payments the port is cheaper

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Server status Empty Re: Server status

Post by SirDoppy Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 am

Hey man. I'd highly suggest talking with slayer about getting spawn and some peoples creations transferred over. The spawn right now is a bit of a mess and it'd be really nice to have something familiar for all the people who did regularly use freecraft. Also, I know it was originally the plan to transfer peoples creations over on request. I for one don't really want to start any new major projects since I was in the middle of one, so itd be nice to get my old ones transferred. Also, as your server is free and all it's gonna be tough to get it populated, so it's really important to get freecraft people to join (by trying to save their stuff!). Thanks for opening up your server man, hopefully it works out!
(if you figure out the transfers please save ("Heaven" and "house" if possible)

SirDoppy

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:19 am

If i could figure out how to transfer stuff i would. I haven't seen slayer in a pretty long time, so i might be able to transfer this server over to my server which i have in my house that i don't use. It ran basically lag free back when i hosted servers for it. The server would get about 4GB of RAM and have mcmyadmin. SirDoppy, do you know how to transfer buildings? or maybe i can read about it. Ill see what i can do.

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 am

Put the old world back up. Granted there is no plugins yet, the world is up and we will be doing a lot of plugin restructuring

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by SirDoppy Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:05 am

So you grabbed the entire map as it was from slayers server at transferred it over? I'm not too sure how to transfer buildings. Could worldedit work to copy and paste items and be temporarily saved onto your desktop, and then pasted into the other server? That seems like it'd be the easiest way if it would work. Otherwise maybe the residency plugin has a saved folder with all the residency information from slayers server? If so you could transfer the files from their to the folder on this server once you get the plugin working.

In reality i have no idea what I'm talking about though, I'm terrible with most computer coding things (I've been trying for the last hour just to get a plane mod, too many items, and modloader to work on my computer, which I now believe is defective because I can't open the damn terminal app).

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say you put the old world back up (constructions and all?). I wouldn't be asking if I could get on the server (it's down).

Oh and it sounds like you have more RAM space than slayer did. I'm pretty sure he only had 2gb.

SirDoppy

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 am

lright, updating all the old plugins and configuation. should be almost the same with a slight rollback

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 am

Doppy come on the server, its easier to talk that way

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by Worx25 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 am

www.megaupload.com/?d=TKICHE1W

The whole map, from slayers earlier post

Worx25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyia Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 pm

>.> Did slayer abandoned this project and you are just taking it over or what? I haven't been online in a couple days so I am little confused as to what is going on.

Also in terms of the buildings being transferred over the only way to that is with schematics.

Select the area with the world edit tool (wooden axe or whatever it is) //copy, then //save <file name> This will create a schematic of the object that is saved in the folder for the server. Then only admins or people who have access to the schematic can load it. //load <file name>

In terms of heaven considering the size it will have to be in multiple schematics because my grotto crashed the server when dipper was taking a schematic of it. And I had to remake the sides on our private server.
Lilyia
Lilyia

http://tallmancreations.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Not really sure to be honest, slayer originally thought everyone was leaving and he wanted to start a whole new server. He got refunded by mean, and then i offered to host it until i needed the server space, now i haven't hear from him since 2 days ago. That being said if he doesn't show up in another day or two i would assume its over, i mean im just trying to get the server running but all the plugins were so messed up i dont even understand how he did it. I can't move the server without all the files because the second i remove one it all breaks, im about to just stop since he is missing and i don't have the time to run a server.

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyia Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 pm

drhawks685 wrote:Not really sure to be honest, slayer originally thought everyone was leaving and he wanted to start a whole new server. He got refunded by mean, and then i offered to host it until i needed the server space, now i haven't hear from him since 2 days ago. That being said if he doesn't show up in another day or two i would assume its over, i mean im just trying to get the server running but all the plugins were so messed up i dont even understand how he did it. I can't move the server without all the files because the second i remove one it all breaks, im about to just stop since he is missing and i don't have the time to run a server.

Oh wow, I see. And I understand about the plugins its a pain in the ass to be honest after seeing dipper and us3r work with them. In all honesty if Slayer doesn't want to continue with this server and he isn't giving you any input then don't stress yourself over it. Because in a month you will have to start a new map anyways with the new patch. Although i will say you are a very nice person to be doing this without being funded, that says a lot about your character.
Lilyia
Lilyia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemonomimi Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, if slayer's abandoned this, then that's that. I would like to mention then that I've been working with us3rx on getting his server prepped and ready for 1.8.

I'll consult and see what we can do about clearing up this mess, as slayer said nothing to me about dropping the project.

~dipper11

Kemonomimi

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Ahh didn't know that was you dipper, he was convince you guys were all prepped to leave? not sure, but good luck with us3rx's server he was talking to me about it the other day actually.

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:12 pm

oh and let us3r know i can give him a deal, or a free trial if he wants to try out my hosting.

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemonomimi Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 pm

drhawks685 wrote:oh and let us3r know i can give him a deal, or a free trial if he wants to try out my hosting.

I'll direct him or lil here to see this post.

I didn't have any plans to leave, but given that he just made assumptions, I have no choice now.

I do not appreciate this slayer. You made a rash and immature decision based on your not understanding anything about the situation, nor trying to learn. I assisted in proposing a plan that could have strengthened the server, the playerbase, and hopefully, the reliability of the network.

If anyone would like to show an interest in us3rx's server and whatnot, message me here on the forums and I'll pass names along and discuss it.

Please note that us3rx's server will undergo a map reset for the launch of 1.8(as may a lot of servers) and all current existing structures of merit will be pasted over to the new map.

Kemonomimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyia Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Personally at this time I really dont want to advertise Us3r's server. Nothing against anyone but I really dont think its right to advertise a different server on Slayer's forums, even if he did give up on freecraft. Also for the fact that us3r server is still on our own internet and we are very limited on bandwidth.

Lilyia
Lilyia

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 pm

I can give you guys a trial over on my dedi in arizona if you want, as long as the server space isn't needed i can host it for free

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemonomimi Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Lilyia wrote:Personally at this time I really dont want to advertise Us3r's server. Nothing against anyone but I really dont think its right to advertise a different server on Slayer's forums, even if he did give up on freecraft. Also for the fact that us3r server is still on our own internet and we are very limited on bandwidth.

That's mostly why I kept it to PMs, so that if you said no, so be it; and if any interest was there, we'd know about them.

As far as "advertising" a different server on here, as far as it seems, there is no longer a server attached to this forum(due to the permanent down-ness and all), thus there is no conflict of interest.

drhawks is the current(or rather now, most recent) host.

Kemonomimi

Back to top Go down

Post by furrymoustache Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 pm

A cheap alternative to paying a fortune for a dedicated MC server is to get a VPS and run the server software on that.
furrymoustache
furrymoustache

Back to top Go down

Post by SirDoppy Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:39 am

Thanks for trying drhawks! Smile It's been fun everyone. Oh and before you disapear forever hawks, I'd like to try and grab heaven off the map at some point. Mike said he'd be able to do it.

SirDoppy

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 am

Alright, let me see what i can do. I will post it up at 184.95.41.200:25567 just come on there and i will try to help

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by drhawks685 Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 am

Alright, doppy the server is up so go on and do what you need to do

drhawks685

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader808 Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:20 pm

What happened? Why did Slayer do this...?

Crusader808

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemonomimi Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Crusader808 wrote:What happened? Why did Slayer do this...?
read the thread and you will have ask the information you could need.

Kemonomimi

Back to top Go down

Post by iSliick Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:56 am

Hey, can u add my tree in Razz

iSliick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next